From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Full headers:
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 08:56:29 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Nov 17, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article<oun1590236i@news3.newsguy.com>):

> On 11/16/2017 10:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Nov 16, 2017, PeterN wrote
> > (in article<oulin401gbs@news3.newsguy.com>):
> >

> > > Sunday I did a quick sunset shoot. Out of 46 images, several had weird
> > > colors in unusual portions of the images.
> >
> > That shouldn’t be a problem for you. weird colors in unusual portions of
> > the images should be right in your wheelhouse. ;-)
>
> Not like this:
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n3mlqf07qwmt10/_DSC7524.NEF?dl=0>

Yup! That looks like a corrupt file issue. As to where that corruption is
happening one can best surmise that it was the card. However, there can be
all sorts of causes, mostly due to current, clearing the buffer, and writing
issues. So it would be best to run a check with a known good performing card
to eliminate possible issues with the camera.

What was the brand of the card in question, what was its rating, and which
camera were you using?

> And, yes. I know my sensor needs cleaning.

So you noticed?

--

Regards,
Savageduck