Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete">
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:33:18 -0500
On 11/17/2017 11:56 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2017, PeterN wrote
> (in article<>):
>> On 11/16/2017 10:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Nov 16, 2017, PeterN wrote
>>> (in article<>):
>>> That shouldn’t be a problem for you. weird colors in unusual portions of
>>> the images should be right in your wheelhouse. ;-)
>> Not like this:
>> <>
> Yup! That looks like a corrupt file issue. As to where that corruption is
> happening one can best surmise that it was the card. However, there can be
> all sorts of causes, mostly due to current, clearing the buffer, and writing
> issues. So it would be best to run a check with a known good performing card
> to eliminate possible issues with the camera.
> What was the brand of the card in question, what was its rating, and which
> camera were you using?

D800, and a Delkin Black. I complained to Delkin. They are sending me a
reader, and requested that I test the card with that reader. The shot
you see is a ten shot multiple exposure. I was testing to see how much
time was needed between shots, to get a similar effect to a long
exposure. despite the corruption, my conclusion is that it can be done.
In a calm bay it takes about 2.5 seconds between each shot, for a ten
shot exposure.