From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 08:59:18 +1300
On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:33:18 -0500, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>On 11/17/2017 11:56 AM, Savageduck wrote:
>> On Nov 17, 2017, PeterN wrote
>> (in article<oun1590236i@news3.newsguy.com>):

>>> Not like this:
>>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n3mlqf07qwmt10/_DSC7524.NEF?dl=0>
>>
>> Yup! That looks like a corrupt file issue. As to where that corruption is
>> happening one can best surmise that it was the card. However, there can be
>> all sorts of causes, mostly due to current, clearing the buffer, and writing
>> issues. So it would be best to run a check with a known good performing card
>> to eliminate possible issues with the camera.
>>
>> What was the brand of the card in question, what was its rating, and which
>> camera were you using?
>
>D800, and a Delkin Black. I complained to Delkin. They are sending me a
>reader, and requested that I test the card with that reader. The shot
>you see is a ten shot multiple exposure. I was testing to see how much
>time was needed between shots, to get a similar effect to a long
>exposure. despite the corruption, my conclusion is that it can be done.
>In a calm bay it takes about 2.5 seconds between each shot, for a ten
>shot exposure.

I tried a variation of that some years ago on the D300. The camera had
the ability to make multiple exposures into the one image file and I
tried this as a means of smoothing out surf. Technically it worked but
it wasn't a succesful image so I dumped it. I can't now remember the
details of what I did.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens