From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Full headers:
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:25:29 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Nov 17, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article<oun6h0026ev@news3.newsguy.com>):

> On 11/17/2017 11:56 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Nov 17, 2017, PeterN wrote
> > (in article<oun1590236i@news3.newsguy.com>):

> > > Not like this:
> > > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n3mlqf07qwmt10/_DSC7524.NEF?dl=0>
> >
> > Yup! That looks like a corrupt file issue. As to where that corruption is
> > happening one can best surmise that it was the card. However, there can be
> > all sorts of causes, mostly due to current, clearing the buffer, and writing
> > issues. So it would be best to run a check with a known good performing card
> > to eliminate possible issues with the camera.
> >
> > What was the brand of the card in question, what was its rating, and which
> > camera were you using?
>
> D800, and a Delkin Black. I complained to Delkin. They are sending me a
> reader, and requested that I test the card with that reader. The shot
> you see is a ten shot multiple exposure. I was testing to see how much
> time was needed between shots, to get a similar effect to a long
> exposure. despite the corruption, my conclusion is that it can be done.
> In a calm bay it takes about 2.5 seconds between each shot, for a ten
> shot exposure.

What is a Delkin Black?

Delkin Black is meaningless, all that tells us is who the manufacturer is.
What is the actual read/write speed of the card?

Also, because you have somewhat explained what you were doing with multiple
exposures, I suspect that this was just a slow card choking on what was being
fed it, and unable to clear the camera buffer. I have a feeling that if you
just used it to shoot a single exposure there might be no problem at all. If
you are going to use a high performance camera, you should use high
performance cards regardless of how tempting it might be to go the budget
card route.

--

Regards,
Savageduck