From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 23:54:39 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <oulin401gbs@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBE94060316BB0D70000F3722CF@news.giganews.com> <oun1590236i@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBF4C3D0341E77C70000F3722CF@news.giganews.com> <oun6h0026ev@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBFB579035A917070000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <nc6v0dlf34jddgvv0panolsfcu3ukgv746@4ax.com> <0001HW.1FBFD9970363085A70000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <ianv0d9fgbg2obk6qu3vjvkifnkqqvddm6@4ax.com>
On Nov 17, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in article<ianv0d9fgbg2obk6qu3vjvkifnkqqvddm6@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:59:35 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>  wrote:
>
> --- snip ---

> > > I agree with this - I doubt that card corruption or partial failure
> > > was the cause of the issue he had.
> >
> > I believe the first thing to establish is what the specs of the SD card are.
> >
> > Delkin produce good products including SD and CF cards. However, they
> > produce SD cards with a wide range of specs and prices, some are truly fast cards
> > with corresponding higher prices. Since Peter, in his subject line, and his
> > OP narative hinted that the SD card in question was “cheap”, I am
> > inclined to assume that this card has slow read/write specs. Hence the
> > corruption problems when faced with a high performance camera trying to
> > clear the buffer as fast as it can, into a card which can’t write fast enough.
>
> And through all of this discussion and theorising not one of the
> resident Nikon owners/users remember that In the back of (at least)
> most of their manuals Nikon specifies the minimum standard of common
> memory cards which will run with the particular camera. What does it
> say for the D800?

Beats me!

I don’t own a D800, as a matter of fact I don’t own any FF Nikon DSLR,
and I have no idea if Peter RTFM, and he is the only Nikon user who counts in
this discussion. So perhaps you could assist, and provide that snippet of
information, or perhaps Peter will let us know if he has RTFM.

--

Regards,
Savageduck