From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 09:55:02 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <oulin401gbs@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBE94060316BB0D70000F3722CF@news.giganews.com> <oun1590236i@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBF4C3D0341E77C70000F3722CF@news.giganews.com> <oun6h0026ev@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBFB579035A917070000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <nc6v0dlf34jddgvv0panolsfcu3ukgv746@4ax.com> <0001HW.1FBFD9970363085A70000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <ianv0d9fgbg2obk6qu3vjvkifnkqqvddm6@4ax.com> <0001HW.1FC01EBF03733DC370000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <oupos217pb@news3.newsguy.com>
On Nov 18, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article<oupos217pb@news3.newsguy.com>):

> On 11/18/2017 2:54 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Nov 17, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
> > (in article<ianv0d9fgbg2obk6qu3vjvkifnkqqvddm6@4ax.com>):
> >
> > > On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:59:35 -0800, Savageduck
> > > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>  wrote:
> > >
> > > --- snip ---

> > > And through all of this discussion and theorising not one of the
> > > resident Nikon owners/users remember that In the back of (at least)
> > > most of their manuals Nikon specifies the minimum standard of common
> > > memory cards which will run with the particular camera. What does it
> > > say for the D800?
> >
> > Beats me!
> >
> > I don’t own a D800, as a matter of fact I don’t own any FF Nikon DSLR,
> > and I have no idea if Peter RTFM, and he is the only Nikon user who counts
> > in
> > this discussion. So perhaps you could assist, and provide that snippet of
> > information, or perhaps Peter will let us know if he has RTFM.
>
> Not the whole manual, but I checked and Delkin Black exceeds the specs.

Which Delkin Black exceeds the specs? They have a whole range of read/write
specs, all at different price points. You still haven’t told us the
read/write specs for your specific Delkin Black SD card. I still contend that
if you used your Delkin card for normal shooting, rather than the
multi-exposure exercise you were engaged in, there might well be no issues.

--

Regards,
Savageduck