From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:05:55 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Nov 18, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article<oups1601ri8@news6.newsguy.com>):

> On 11/18/2017 12:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Nov 18, 2017, PeterN wrote
> > (in article<oupo8c07ga@news3.newsguy.com>):

> > > Google is your friend:
> > > <https://www.delkindevices.com/product/black-memory-cards/>
> >
> > ...and you have yet to tell us what the actual rating is. Google does not
> > tell us what is printed on the SD card in your possession.
> > Which of these Black cards did you buy?
>
> UHS-II. As I said earlier, card speed is not an issue with SD on a D800.
> That is not a combination where R/W speed is important.

UHS-II is just a class of card, still no R/W speed. Typically UHS-II cards
are not bargain basement cards, and you describe this particular card as
cheap.

Card speed is always an issue D800 or any other camera. R/W speed might not
be that important when shooting normal single shots, but you were engaged in
shooting multiple exposures.

--

Regards,
Savageduck