Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 14:09:29 -0500
On 11/18/2017 1:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Nov 18, 2017, PeterN wrote
> (in article<oups1601ri8@news6.newsguy.com>):
>
>> On 11/18/2017 12:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Nov 18, 2017, PeterN wrote
>>> (in article<oupo8c07ga@news3.newsguy.com>):

>>> ...and you have yet to tell us what the actual rating is. Google does not
>>> tell us what is printed on the SD card in your possession.
>>> Which of these Black cards did you buy?
>>
>> UHS-II. As I said earlier, card speed is not an issue with SD on a D800.
>> That is not a combination where R/W speed is important.
>
> UHS-II is just a class of card, still no R/W speed. Typically UHS-II cards
> are not bargain basement cards, and you describe this particular card as
> cheap.

It was cheaper than Sandisk, or Lexar.

> Card speed is always an issue D800 or any other camera. R/W speed might not
> be that important when shooting normal single shots, but you were engaged in
> shooting multiple exposures.

Frame rate, is a different concept that multiple exposure. I was not
doing rapid fire multiple exposures. I was testing the wait times
between each exposure. The object being smoothing water when I didn't
bring an ND filter.
I also use multiple exposure for special effects.
In this one I walked around a tree, and took ten shots. That clearly is
not high speed.

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c7cul49u4jgo9b/tree1024.jpg?dl=0>

Getting back to the subject, especially after doing a lot of reading, I
am probably going to stick to Sandisk, for my high frame rate shots, and
either Sandisk, or Lexar for all others.

--
PeterN