From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <0001HW.1FBE94060316BB0D70000F3722CF@news.giganews.com> <oun1590236i@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBF4C3D0341E77C70000F3722CF@news.giganews.com> <oun6h0026ev@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FBFB579035A917070000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <oupo8c07ga@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FC0A5C40392E29670000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <oups1601ri8@news6.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FC0AE030394D16D70000A50D2CF@news.giganews.com> <u2b11dtleakt2anna323ojknlclpii6akh@4ax.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 12:46:41 +1300
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:57:11 +1300, Eric Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:05:55 -0800, Savageduck
><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>On Nov 18, 2017, PeterN wrote
>>(in article<oups1601ri8@news6.newsguy.com>):

>>> UHS-II. As I said earlier, card speed is not an issue with SD on a D800.
>>> That is not a combination where R/W speed is important.
>>
>>UHS-II is just a class of card, still no R/W speed. Typically UHS-II cards
>>are not bargain basement cards, and you describe this particular card as
>>cheap.
>>
>>Card speed is always an issue D800 or any other camera. R/W speed might not
>>be that important when shooting normal single shots, but you were engaged in
>>shooting multiple exposures.
>
>Does this throw any light on the card requirements?
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a9lvyuhcy5970r/D800%20Cards.jpg?dl=0

Is a UHS-II card a "Type II card" which the manual says "cannot be
used"?
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens