Next <
From: Roscoe Cobham <roscob@privacy.invalid>
Subject: Re: Is there a way to make Irfanview AUTOCROP when it's kind of easy?
Full headers:
From: Roscoe Cobham <roscob@privacy.invalid>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 06:52:38 +0000
On 24 Nov 2017 03:11, Dan Jenkins wrote:

> Is there a way to make Irfanview AUTOCROP when it's a situation that isn't
> too hard for an algorithm to figure out that there are black lines along
> the outside of a set of photos?
> Irfanview has a great batch facility on Windows, but the crop seems to be
> manual.
> Irfanview crops super easy, but usually, when I crop manually, I'm off by a
> few pixels.
> If not irfanview, what else free and simple might have a good manual or
> batch autocrop?

IrfanView has auto crop and batch auto crop.  For successful auto crop
there is a setting which needs to be adjusted.

Look here for auto crop:   Edit | Auto crop borders (Ctrl+Shift+Y)

Look here for batch auto crop (follow all steps)
1:  Go to:  File | Batch conversion rename
2:  Put a check-mark in "Use advanced options (for bulk resize...)"
3:  Click the button "Advanced"
4:  "Auto crop borders" is in the 2nd column, 2/3 of the way down.

For successful auto crop, adjust the setting "Tolerance value for auto
crop borders" at Options | Properties/Settings | Browsing/Editing.
A value of 64 works for me, but YMMV.  The default is 0 which does not
crop everything.