From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Why should I say "Cheese"?
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 06:01:44 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Nov 27, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in article<b0c33354-c86c-4bc2-9ac0-28c2885bacd6@googlegroups.com>):

> We're not sure when or where a photographer first asked his or her subjects
> to state the name of the delicious dairy product, but we do know that when
> you say "cheese," the corners of your mouth turn up, your cheeks lift and
> your teeth show. It looks like a smile, and since smiling is what we do in
> pictures, the instruction seems pretty practical.
>
> I wonder how this works in other languages .
> I'll ask some foreigners I know.

All you have to do is try a few tests:

French fromage, nope, even if you get specific with Camembert.

German käse, orDutch kaas close, but no toothy grin.

Italian formaggio, tasty, but that one doesn’t work either.

Neither the Portuguese queijo, nor the Spanish queso fit.

....and who knows how this would work, 干酪

--

Regards,
Savageduck