From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: There Will Not Be A Fujifilm X-T2S
Full headers:
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 23:13:54 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Nov 29, 2017, android wrote
(in article<f89k8uF1q43U2@mid.individual.net>):

> At least not for now:
>
> <https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-h1-will-fujis-first-ibis-camer...
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/yb5zerdf>

OK! So the proposed Fujifilm IBIS camera will probably be the X-H1 not an
X-T2S. If that proves to be true, then the designation X-T2S label could be
given to an intermediate X-T(x) fitting in between the X-T2, and a future
X-T3, much as the X-E2S came between the X-E2 and the new X-E3. As with the
X-E3, I see a future X-T3 getting the Touch LCD treatment.

I also suspect that the proposed IBIS X-H1 is going to be optimized for video
to separate it from the X-Pro2, X-T2, and X-E3.

As far as IBIS goes my two Fujinon lenses which would benefit have OIS, my
wide primes are fast enough that they do not really need IBIS. With my wide
primes the only time IBIS might be beneficial, would be in extreme low light
and slow SS.

For now I will live with my X-T2, and consider an X-E3 to replace my X-E2 as
a second body. As for the X-E2 I am considering making that a dedicated B&W
shooter.

--

Regards,
Savageduck