From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping school photos
Full headers:
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:05:14 -0500
"PeterN" <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote

| Event and portrait photographers have been fixing blemishes for years.
| In the digital age a lot of people tend to regard photographers as a
| commodity, and not as craftsman and artists. Photographers are entitled
| to make an honest living. They need to eat, as do all of us. If fixing
| images of teeth helps them do so, I think that's great.

  Sure. Though I was not aware that such things
were being done at the level of school photos.

   I was only pointing out that this seems to be
neither the realm of the photographer nor of the
graphic artist. Like "fixing redeye", it's become a
one-click operation. I imagine publishing companies
probably have very advanced stuff to do it, so
that only one click give a movie star hips,
bright blue eyes, and air-brushed skin, while
thinning her chin to "feminize", maybe reshaping
her nose, etc. The program I got for free with PSP
claims to do most of that. I can hardly imagine
what Cosmo must use.