From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping school photos
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 04:35:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 30 November 2017 21:13:22 UTC, peterN  wrote:
> On 11/29/2017 10:28 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

> > When the demand for physical perfection starts that early in life it
> > can have later repercussions.
> >
> That is our society. There are a lot of kids running around with braces,
> a lessor number get nose jobs, females, who can afford it get; face and
> body lifts; including, but not limited to thigh reduction, breast
> enlargement; breast reduction, etc. Doing this photographically is a lot
> less intrusive, reversible, and expensive. And as I said earlier,
> retouching of portraits and other images, is common practice.

So out of these two individuals, who would get the job as a model, would it be the buck teech girl
that had spent a large amount on hiring a photoshop toucher-up-per or the plain girl that couldnlt
afford such a thing ?
Surely most of these jobs the hirer judges who they want as a model from the pictures they present.

> As a practical matter if two people with equal qualifications are
> seeking a job, one is pimply faced and obese, with buck teeth, and the
> other could be a model for Myron, There is little doubt in my mind that
> the Myron model would get first dibs.

Why just supose the buck teeth girl spent a few grand on getting her photos retouched ?

>I am not saying that is morally
> right, I am just saying that is how things are.

Do those employing models base their choices from photographs or real life meetings ?

 Have you ever watched Americans next top model,  I have. (other countries top models are availble)