From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: There Will Not Be A Fujifilm X-T2S
Full headers:
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 09:00:10 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Dec 1, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article<ovrvga010gb@news4.newsguy.com>):

> On 12/1/2017 10:49 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Dec 1, 2017, Savageduck wrote
> > (in article<0001HW.1FD1AEE600A5832D70000CDF72CF@news.giganews.com>):
> >
> > > On Dec 1, 2017, PeterN wrote
> > > (in article<ovrr2a03n3@news6.newsguy.com>):

> > > A conversion has been a consideration. However, the only company currently
> > > doing B&W conversions is only doing them to Fujifilm X-Pro1 bodies (that is
> > > among the Fujifilm bodies). So for now I will just be using it for
> > > in-camera
> > > B&W.
> > >
> > > These guys also do IR conversions along with their monochrome conversions,
> > > but the Fujifilm in-camera B&W is pretty good.
> > >
> > > <https://www.maxmax.com>
> > >
> > > <https://petapixel.com/2017/02/17/fujifilm-monochrome-cameras-4800-ch...
> > > leicas/>
> >
> > ....and:
> >
> > <https://fstoppers.com/gear/maxmax-launches-monochrome-fujifilm-x-pro...
> > x100s-166132>
>
> Life Pixel has a good reputation. For my last conversion, I simply
> pulled out the IR filter. But, that was on a P&S, that I otherwise would
> just sit in a box. This time around, I am looking for faux color IR.
>
> But why are you converting for BW only?

For now I am not converting a camera to B&W only. I am just choosing to use
what is my extra body, the X-E2, as a dedicated B&W shooter using the
Fujifilm in-camera emulations. I will still have the option to use it for
color.

The B&W converted cameras, like the Leica monochrome, have the sensor
modified by removal of the ICF/AA filter stack, standard sensor cover glass,
microlenses, and CFA (Color Filter Array). A special sensor cover glass is
added. This gives you a camera which is not dependant on color content, and
B&W results which are sharper with finer micro-contrast. Thus the B&W results
from a converted camera are going to be much better than B&W conversions from
color RAW.

Having said all of that, I have other things to spend my disposable income on
right now.

--

Regards,
Savageduck