Next <
Subject: Re: There Will Not Be A Fujifilm X-T2S
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:19:15 -0500
On 12/1/2017 12:00 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2017, PeterN wrote
> (in article<ovrvga010gb@news4.newsguy.com>):
>
>> On 12/1/2017 10:49 AM, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Dec 1, 2017, Savageduck wrote
>>> (in article<0001HW.1FD1AEE600A5832D70000CDF72CF@news.giganews.com>):

>>> ....and:
>>>
>>> <https://fstoppers.com/gear/maxmax-launches-monochrome-fujifilm-x-pro...
>>> x100s-166132>
>>
>> Life Pixel has a good reputation. For my last conversion, I simply
>> pulled out the IR filter. But, that was on a P&S, that I otherwise would
>> just sit in a box. This time around, I am looking for faux color IR.
>>
>> But why are you converting for BW only?
>
> For now I am not converting a camera to B&W only. I am just choosing to use
> what is my extra body, the X-E2, as a dedicated B&W shooter using the
> Fujifilm in-camera emulations. I will still have the option to use it for
> color.
>
> The B&W converted cameras, like the Leica monochrome, have the sensor
> modified by removal of the ICF/AA filter stack, standard sensor cover glass,
> microlenses, and CFA (Color Filter Array). A special sensor cover glass is
> added. This gives you a camera which is not dependant on color content, and
> B&W results which are sharper with finer micro-contrast. Thus the B&W results
> from a converted camera are going to be much better than B&W conversions from
> color RAW.
>
> Having said all of that, I have other things to spend my disposable income on
> right now.

Understood. IMHO there is a beauty in BW, that cannot be achieved in
color. It is also harder to make a top notch BW, than color.
With monochrome, the all elements of composition, tonal gradations, and
of course, subject matter must be present. OTOH, color will make up for
lapses in the other areas.

--
PeterN