From: Eric Stevens <>
Subject: Re: CF cards apparently not dead yet
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 12:34:38 +1300
On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 17:58:18 -0500, Tony Cooper<> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 16:59:45 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>

>>> If you had ever demonstrated a sense of humor here before, I would
>>> think you are joking.  But, you're not.
>>> Moving a file does not delete anything.  It merely relocates the file.
>>move a file from volume to another volume and the file will be copied,
>>then the original deleted,
>Nonsense.  The original is moved.  Nothing is deleted.

'Moving' is a physical action. Something is physically moved. You can
physically move a brick. You can physically move a car. But computer
data is not physical. It is represented by a pattern of bits, the
exact nature f which depends on the medium on which the data is
stored. You cannot physically move data from (say) RAM to a hard disk.
The data on the hard disk is represented by a pattern of electrical
charges. The data on the HDD is represented by microscopic magnetic
>>resulting in one instance of the file.
>Of course.  The one instance is the original in the new location.
>Remember the example of the apple being moved from one hand to the
>other.  It's still the original apple.

But that entails a physical movement. It's generally impossible to
move data inside a computer in the same way.
>You are confusing the "original location" with the "original file".
>The moved file is the same as it was in the prior location.  It
>remains the original.

Eric Stevens