From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 22:00:26 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Dec 5, 2017, RichA wrote
(in article<dad330c1-f470-434c-8d55-ffda98386053@googlegroups.com>):

> Most of these sites have fine-print legal boiler-plate alluding to things
> like this. Or not, if not, the guy might sue. But has no one noticed after
> having dealt with a site, all of a sudden you get spammed by a half-dozen
> other sites who could only have gotten say your email from the site you dealt
> with? As for Dpreview and all other sites, I figure hundreds of little minion
> are frantically going over data gleaned from dozens of cookies, desperately
> trying to figure out how to sqeeze more money out of us.
>
> https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60471676

It is cookies doing their thing.

The most common manifestation I see is with add supported sites such as
fujirumors.com when adds for a specific item, and vendor appear after I have
made a purchase, or search at Amazon, or B&H for the same item, and they try
to sell me something I have just bought.

For most sites I use an add blocker, but when I want to access the content of
the site, I just ignore the adds.

--

Regards,
Savageduck