Subject: Re: B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!
Full headers:
From: peter <>
Date: 6 Dec 2017 17:27:50 GMT
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2017, RichA wrote
> (in article<>):
>> Most of these sites have fine-print legal boiler-plate alluding to things
>> like this. Or not, if not, the guy might sue. But has no one noticed after
>> having dealt with a site, all of a sudden you get spammed by a half-dozen
>> other sites who could only have gotten say your email from the site you dealt
>> with? As for Dpreview and all other sites, I figure hundreds of little minion
>> are frantically going over data gleaned from dozens of cookies, desperately
>> trying to figure out how to sqeeze more money out of us.
> It is cookies doing their thing.
> The most common manifestation I see is with add supported sites such as
> when adds for a specific item, and vendor appear after I have
> made a purchase, or search at Amazon, or B&H for the same item, and they try
> to sell me something I have just bought.
> For most sites I use an add blocker, but when I want to access the content of
> the site, I just ignore the adds.

It is nothing more than RichA expressing his expected trashy self . I doubt
if there is a successful Internet retailer that doesn’t do the same thing.
If I order something from Amazon, I do not have to sign in, nor do I even
have to give them my credit card. What is strange about that is they are
using an old credit card that has expired. My new one has a different
security code, expiration date, and billing address