From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:30:50 -0500
In article<>, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"> wrote:

> >> If I order something from Amazon, I do not have to sign in, nor do I even
> >> have to give them my credit card. What is strange about that is they are
> >> using an old credit card that has expired. My new one has a different
> >> security code, expiration date, and billing address
> >
> > the bank pushed the updated information to amazon.
> And violate banking laws?

it's not a violation of any law. it's a service that some merchants may

  Merchants enrolled in VAU receive updates to cardholder account
  information, including new account numbers, new expiration dates,
  and/or contact cardholder notifications from participating Visa

  The Mastercard Automatic Billing Updater allows you to efficiently
  and seamlessly update account-on-file information, preventing
  disruptions due to account changes and helping you to secure ongoing
  payment relationships with your customers.