Subject: Re: B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!
Full headers:
From: peter <peter.new.remove@removeverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: 7 Dec 2017 16:39:23 GMT
nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> the bank pushed the updated information to amazon.
>>
>> And violate banking laws?
>
> it's not a violation of any law. it's a service that some merchants may
> use.
>
> <https://usa.visa.com/run-your-business/commercial-solutions/solution...
> erchant-processing.html>
>   Merchants enrolled in VAU receive updates to cardholder account
>   information, including new account numbers, new expiration dates,
>   and/or contact cardholder notifications from participating Visa
>   issuers.
>
> <https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/merchants/grow-your-business/find-so...
> ions-by-business-type/bill-payment-services.html>
>   The Mastercard Automatic Billing Updater allows you to efficiently
>   and seamlessly update account-on-file information, preventing
>   disruptions due to account changes and helping you to secure ongoing
>   payment relationships with your customers.

Read the Fair Credit Billing Act, and the Restore Online Shoppers
Confidence Act.
IIRC there are violations galore. I must add that Amazon has not misused my
information. That doesn’t mean other companies haven’t.
Some reputable companies, such as B&H, do not store credit card
information.

--
PeterN