Subject: Re: ot. iPhone updates
Full headers:
From: peter <peter.new.remove@removeverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: 7 Dec 2017 17:10:12 GMT
nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
>>> it at any time.
>>
>> i used to get a notification that there was an update. Since I go the 8+
>> I have not been getting any.
>
> what version does your 8+ currently have? you may be up to date already.
>
> as i said, it sometimes may take a few days for it to check on its own.
> 11.2 was released over the weekend so it may not have checked yet, but
> if you prefer, just manually request it.

I called support and was advised to bring in the phone, which I cannot do.
I’ve been poked around and found there was an update, which I installed and
the problem was fixed. My question is has Apple changed it’s policy? Or was
this just because they were In a rush to get the update out. The problem
was a serious one. I had no access to my contact list and could not use the
phone except with Siri or Bluetooth.

—
PeterN