From: Arthur Wood <arthurwood@bimmerfest.com>
Subject: Re: Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter ghosting in all my photos & videos of engine valves?
Full headers:
From: Arthur Wood <arthurwood@bimmerfest.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:49:30 -0000 (UTC)
Eric Stevens wrote:

> OK. That's one possibility eliminated.

It's not the camera or the lens other than it's a "property" of them under
those lighting conditions.

The weird thing was the streaks of light are huge. They're not just
reflections. And they are at the same angle for /all/ objects, and they're
long. They go halfway through the photo.

It's like it was sleeting at the time and the light reflected off the
sleet.

I knew a point source of light was a bad idea (actually my shop lights are
pretty good in that they're a classic photography aluminum cone with clamps
on one end and the opening is huge - about 8 or 9 inches - which are actual
photography lights I bought at a garage sale decades ago.

The weird thing was the sleet across the entire photo which couldn't have
been a reflection because they were all at the same angle. There's
something in the physics involved of the way cameras work that caused those
huge streaks of sleet.

PS: To be called a troll for asking this question is kind of ridiculous.