From: Arthur Wood <arthurwood@bimmerfest.com>
Subject: Re: Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter ghosting in all my photos & videos of engine valves?
Full headers:
From: Arthur Wood <arthurwood@bimmerfest.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 18:32:33 -0000 (UTC)
Jeff wrote:

> The "physics" are because the smudge on the lens is at a 45 degree angle.

It's not a smudge. I don't know what it is, but it's not a smudge.
I wiped the lens because that's the first thing I had thought also.

Anyways, it doesn't happen on pictures that don't have that lighting
situation, even at the same time.

There's something about the lighting combined with the way cameras work.

This is the light fixture that I use as my mobile shop light.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/36864695/light1.jpg.html

I bought it at a yard sale where it was claimed to be a photography light.
Is that a typical photography light?

Currently it has a curly bulb inside a floodlight fixture (PR-something).
What bulb do you normally put in those photography lights?