> Prev
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Addition to my Photo Kit.
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 17:19:58 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
When I made my move to Fujifilm with the X-E2 one of my goals was to reduce
weight without sacrificing IQ. To that end I was successful. However, when I
bought my X-T2 with the 24MB X-Trans III sensor, and added the
battery/booster grip to get the full potential of the X-T2 much of the weight
saving benefit was negated. The fully configured X-T2 feels much like my
D300S+grip.I certainly cannot claim that it is lightweight, smaller than a
DSLR+grip, but not much lighter.

While I could remove the battery/booster grip for those walk-around moments
that is not the most convenient solution. I have been using my X-E2 as that
light weight, compact for those occasions, and as a spare body. Unfortunately
the X-E2 does not make an ideal pairing with the X-T2 as they have different
sensors, and CPUs. So I have just bought a new X-E3 with the 24MP X-Trans
III. It arrived on Wednesday, and I have been enjoying my new acquisition. It
is actually smaller and lighter than the X-E2. It makes the perfect
lightweight, second body companion to my X-T2. Paired with the XF23mm f/2.0,
or the XF35mm f/1.4 it is a great walk-around/street set up. IQ is identical
to the X-T2. I am not a fan of the Touch screen so for most functions I have
the Touch screen feature turned off, and use the ‘joystick’ for stuff
like moving focus points.

It is so small that, though they perform well, some lenses, such as the
XF16mm f/1.4 just look silly on that small body, and in other than
exceptional situations will be used exclusively on the X-T2.

<http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e3/&g...

--

Regards,
Savageduck