From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Addition to my Photo Kit.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 16:36:20 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
On Dec 16, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in article<MPG.349fd0bb1eeaf3b98cf32@news.supernews.com>):

> In article<0001HW.1FE4AC3E004C6BEB70000BABC2CF@news.giganews.com>,
> Savageduck says...
>
> > While I could remove the battery/booster grip for those walk-around moments
> > that is not the most convenient solution. I have been using my X-E2 as that
> > light weight, compact for those occasions, and as a spare body.
> > Unfortunately
> > the X-E2 does not make an ideal pairing with the X-T2 as they have different
> > sensors, and CPUs. So I have just bought a new X-E3 with the 24MP X-Trans
> > III. It arrived on Wednesday, and I have been enjoying my new acquisition.
> > It
> > is actually smaller and lighter than the X-E2. It makes the perfect
> > lightweight, second body companion to my X-T2. Paired with the XF23mm f/2.0,
> > or the XF35mm f/1.4 it is a great walk-around/street set up. IQ is identical
> > to the X-T2. I am not a fan of the Touch screen so for most functions I have
> > the Touch screen feature turned off, and use the ?joystick? for stuff
> > like moving focus points.
> >
> > It is so small that, though they perform well, some lenses, such as the
> > XF16mm f/1.4 just look silly on that small body, and in other than
> > exceptional situations will be used exclusively on the X-T2.
> >
> > <http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e3/&g...
>
> So now you have three Fuji bodies...?

Yup! However, it is going to make sense to sell, or gift the X-E2 as I
don’t see it getting too much use now that I have the X-E3.
....but I still have my D70, and D300S

> Conceptwise it seems to be like the Olympus Pen-F (also a street
> photography camera). How is it with larger/heavier lenses, given that
> the grip is quite small?

It is surprisingly small, even smaller than the X-E2, and it made sense that
they did away with the D-pad. Doing that creates a larger area for the right
thumb, that and a slightly enlarged swell to the right front of the body to
provide a better grip than the X-E2.

With larger, heavier lenses such as the XF16mm f1.4 and the XF55-200mm it is
off balance.
It is better suited to my physically smaller lenses such as the XF14mm f/2.8,
XF23mm f/2.0, XF35 f/1.4, and the XF18-55mm f/2.8-4.0. It will also do well
with some lenses I don’t own such as the 35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/2.0, and the
two pancake lenses the 18mm f/2.0 &  27mm f/2.8.

That said, I can see times when it will be beneficial to have two bodies with
the same sensor, and CPU, mounted with different lenses. For now I will
segregate their usage depending on my needs.
--

Regards,
Savageduck