From: sobriquet <dohduhdah@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 13:39:20 -0800 (PST)
From: sobriquet <dohduhdah@yahoo.com>
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 10:31:29 PM UTC+1, nospam wrote:

> > > because it periodically pings adobe's servers to verify, versus
> > > supplying a valid serial one time.
> >
> > Oh really, and you think people who come up with cracks and
> > patches can't figure out how to to prevent the software from doing
> > this?
>
> i didn't say they couldn't. i said it's harder.

Harder? You mean they had to drink an extra cup of coffee to figure
out how to crack it?

> > If you download the software from a torrent site, you have the
> > software and you can use it and there is no need whatsoever for
> > the software to keep in touch with adobe.
>
> if you download cracked software, it's already cracked.

No it's not. You install the uncracked software as a trial version
and then you apply the crack.

> > > no it isn't.
> > >
> > > that doesn't mean it's impossible, just that it's harder than it used
> > > to be.
> >
> > I've been using pirated copies of photoshop for a long time
>
> we know that.
>
> > and
> > I haven't noticed any difference in how hard it was to fetch a
> > copy from p2p, apply the crack and enjoy the software.
>
> fetching an already cracked app is not the same as figuring out the
> crack.

Well, that's basically the idea of filesharing as it applies to
software. Someone cracks it and then all the other people can use
that crack and they don't have to waste time and energy coming up
with their own crack.

> > If it was hard there wouldn't be so many people downloading a
> > copy from filesharing sites. That photoshop CC 2018 version on
> > rutracker in the screenshot has been downloaded over 17000 times.
>
> 17000 is nothing.

It's just the latest version.. older versions have been downloaded
nearly 100000 times (like photoshop CC 2017).
If you add it all up (rutracker is just one of the many torrent
sites out there) it's millions of people enjoying the cracked
software. So it's not hard at all to pirate photoshop CC.