From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 18:24:35 -0500
In article <p19huo$15ei$>, Mayayana<mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

>   I grew up in the 60s and early 70s. Life was much
> easier then. A janitor could own a house and raise a
> family. These days a janitor will probably need to share
> rent on a 4-bedroom apt with 3 other people.

these days, a janitor can write an ios/android app in their spare time
and likely cease being a janitor. that could *never* have happened in
the 60s or 70s. there are *so* many more opportunities than ever

or they could take classes while working as a janitor:
  A college custodian who cleaned classrooms at night and learned the
  intricacies of mechanical engineering during the day will soon hang
  up his janitor's mop for good.

  Michael Vaudreuil, 54, graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Institute
  in Massachusetts in May after eight years of taking classes in
  addition to working his graveyard shift. Now the unlikely college
  grad has another feather in his cap