From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:08:53 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <00942a15-c476-4273-9671-c1ef61328784@googlegroups.com> <p0rg46$1tqe$1@gioia.aioe.org> <131220171132354803%nospam@nospam.invalid> <d8ec4ebe-4153-448c-a71b-43f86105871c@googlegroups.com> <181220171608156123%nospam@nospam.invalid> <e2bafadf-81f6-45a2-bd23-34a8dc0ed858@googlegroups.com> <p19er6$101g$1@gioia.aioe.org> <33e7625e-8c31-47f9-9523-6c65af05aa7c@googlegroups.com> <6rkg3ddh49uj96ual0l6ee4vddb3vnnr3u@4ax.com>
On Dec 18, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in article<6rkg3ddh49uj96ual0l6ee4vddb3vnnr3u@4ax.com>):

> On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:34:42 -0800 (PST), sobriquet
><dohduhdah@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
> > On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 11:18:23 PM UTC+1, Mayayana wrote:
> > > "sobriquet"<dohduhdah@yahoo.com> wrote

> > > I wouldn't go around talking about it if I were you.
> >
> > Well, we've had long discussions about the morality of copyright
> > vs the morality of sharing information, so you know how I feel
> > about the issue (i.e. all numbers belong to the public domain).
> >
> > > Though I wonder how much Adobe care. Like MS Office,
> > > they make their money by pricegouging commercial
> > > customers for an industry-standard product. For those
> > > customers, the high cost of using Adobe pays for itself.
> > > Most others are unlikely to use it. (Aside from a few
> > > suckers like nospam who think the only way to edit
> > > photos properly is to buy the very latest version of
> > > PS.)
> > >
> > > Another way of putting that: If you made money from
> > > using PS then using it illegally wouldn't be worth the risk.
> > > If you don't make money from it then you're not likely
> > > to ever be an Adobe customer. I wouldn't be surprised
> > > if a lot of college students use it illegally. And I wouldn't
> > > be surprised if Adobe likes that. As Bill Gates once said
> > > about China: "If they're going to steal software we'd
> > > rather they steal our software. We'll get them to pay for
> > > it later."
> >
> > In the near future all work can be done by robots anyway and
> > at that point when there is such an abundance of material wealth
> > it no longer makes sense to use money (since monetary value
> > indicates relative scarcity).
> >
> > Some people might enjoy inequality and think it's a good thing
> > that there is a limited group of people enjoying a
> > disproportionate share of the wealth and resources, while there
> > is a much larger group of people living on a marginal or no
> > income, but I think online filesharing is a kind of omen for
> > the future economy where there is no longer any scarcity and
> > people don't ascribe great significance to outdated notions
> > of ownership and property.
> >
> > If you have a lot of money, you can buy all software you like,
> > and if you barely have enough money to afford a computer and
> > an internet connection, you can download all software (cracked
> > or public domain) for free.
> > So filesharing kind of levels the playing field and affords
> > everybody an equal opportunity to enjoy an abundance of
> > software/content, regardless of their socio-economic status.
>
> You are a contemptible leech upon society.

Wait for it, he is about to call you a nazi.

--

Regards,
Savageduck