> Prev
From: Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com>
Subject: Quandry - keep old camera?
From: Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 10:45:53 +0100
I recently bought a 6D mkII.

It is obviously a superior camera to the 1000D that I have had for some time. The problem
is, I have an EFS lens (Sigma 10-20) which cannot be used on the full frame.

I sort of decided to keep the old camera body just for that lens (and maybe for the 400 -
does that make sense?).

Then I thought; should I sell the old body complete with lens? Trouble is, a new wide
angle lens for the 6D would probably cost more than I'd get for the sale. But I'd have
better quality wide angle.

Another factor is, the 1000D is very light, so it's not much to carry around.