From: Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Quandry - keep old camera?
Full headers:
From: Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:55:51 +0100
On 19/12/17 12:40, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 December 2017 04:46:02 UTC-5, Paul Carmichael  wrote:
>> I recently bought a 6D mkII.
>>
>> It is obviously a superior camera to the 1000D that I have had for some time. The problem
>> is, I have an EFS lens (Sigma 10-20) which cannot be used on the full frame.
>>
>> I sort of decided to keep the old camera body just for that lens (and maybe for the 400 -
>> does that make sense?).
>>
>> Then I thought; should I sell the old body complete with lens? Trouble is, a new wide
>> angle lens for the 6D would probably cost more than I'd get for the sale. But I'd have
>> better quality wide angle.
>>
>> Another factor is, the 1000D is very light, so it's not much to carry around.
>>
>> Opinions?

> There are better wide angles available now.  Dump the camera and the lens and get something that
can do justice to the FF.

Looks like the lens might be worth something still:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-10-20mm-f4-5-6-EX-DC-HSM-Canon-fit-...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-10-20mm-Ultra-Wide-DC-HSM-Autofocus...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-10-20mm-f-4-5-6-EX-DC-HSM-Wide-Angl...

The body's got to be worth 100 euros, I would have thought.

So if I can get 200 euros for the pair, that would go half way to this:

https://www.foto24.com/objetivo-samyang-14mm-f-2-8-if-ed-umc-aspheri...

I am going to end up with a fleet of Samyangs.

--
Paul.

  https://paulc.es/
  https://asetrad.org