Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:25:04 -0500
<p0rg46$1tqe$1@gioia.aioe.org> <131220171132354803%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<d8ec4ebe-4153-448c-a71b-43f86105871c@googlegroups.com>
<181220171608156123%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<e2bafadf-81f6-45a2-bd23-34a8dc0ed858@googlegroups.com>
<p19er6$101g$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<33e7625e-8c31-47f9-9523-6c65af05aa7c@googlegroups.com>
<6rkg3ddh49uj96ual0l6ee4vddb3vnnr3u@4ax.com> <p19qv4$1f8c$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<181220172047100279%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p19rs6$1gce$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<181220172123331269%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p1b4qj$17kh$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<191220171145292036%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p1cq8k013i9@news3.newsguy.com>
<0001HW.1FEA299601123D5970000EED02CF@news.giganews.com>
<p1e4ng02m8r@news4.newsguy.com> <201220171207584935%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<p1e5uf22mq4@news4.newsguy.com> <201220171224153524%nospam@nospam.invalid>
On 12/20/2017 12:24 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> that happens with any product which is in limited supply, but the
>>> haters always try to make it look like it's just apple users.
>>>
>>> <http://mashable.com/2016/11/12/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-sold-ou...
>>> ger/>
>>>     Nintendo's highly anticipated NES Classic Edition launched on Friday
>>>     and immediately sold out everywhere. Even before it launched, we knew
>>>     the $60 mini-sized console, which runs 30 classic NES games, would be
>>>     a hit this holiday season.
>>>
>>>     As with all hot items, scalpers quickly started selling the consoles
>>>     on eBay and Craigslist with prices going from double to outrageous.
>>>
>>>     A quick search on eBay shows NES Classic Editions selling for between
>>>     $65 and a whopping $1,225. The listings for sub-$100 are, of course,
>>>     moving fast.
>>>
>>> <https://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/11/18/nintendo-wii-u-...
>>> soles-sold-out-already-selling-for-over-500-on-ebay/>
>>>     One reason some people waited in long lines to be the first to get
>>>     the new Nintendo Wii U console has nothing to do with the games. With
>>>     Wii U devices all but guaranteed to be sold out at retailers around
>>>     the world this Christmas, some buyers immediately put their new
>>>     consoles on Ebay. Wii Us are already selling for over $500 on the
>>>     site. There were well over 2,500 consoles listed on the world's
>>>     largest auction site just hours after it went on sale on November 18
>>>     at the Nintendo World store in New York City and around the globe.
>>>
>>> it's also not just electronics:
>>> <http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/08/rick-morty-szechuan-ebay/>
>>>     Indeed, per the online commerce site, miniscule 0.5 ML packets of
>>>     Szechuan sauce are going for anywhere from $60 to Ð you may want to
>>>     sit down for this Ð $700. (One listing even goes to $1,000.) And some
>>>     sellers, predictably, are running scams, assuming you don1t consider
>>>     paying hundreds of dollars for a pack of fast-food dipping sauce a
>>>     total ripoff as well.
>>>

>> No difference. Thea is a big difference between an needed iPhone, and
>> certain toys.
>
> first you say no difference, then you say there is a big difference.
>
> make up your mind.

Do learn how to read.

>> You diversion doesn't work.
>
> it's not a diversion.

The readers can determine that for themselves.

> there are many, many more examples.
>
> concert tickets, super bowl tickets, theatre tickets, etc., are often
> resold for much higher than face value.
>
> supply and demand.

For your reading convenience I will repeat my short comment.

" I call the ones who paid more than list stupid, UNLESS THEY HAD AN
URGENT NEED FOR A NE PHONE" (Emphasis supplied.)"

When I had to rush my daughter to the hospital, I did not care about
speeding.

If I have to get to a location, and the cost is justified, I will go the
fastest way.
I have never overpaid for a concert ticket in my life. Unless it was for
a charitable cause I believed in.)

You might overpay for a concert ticket, I think it's stupid.
Just as tonight I am meeting some friends. If my car gives me a problem,
I would take care of the car. It's commonly called putting things in
perspective. My friends will understand. If they didn't they would be
acquaintances, not friends.

--
PeterN