From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 17:28:52 -0500
In article<>, Eric Stevens<> wrote:

> >> I don't consider calling someone an Appleseed if a derogatory term. I
> >> have some personal friends who I call Appleseeds, regularly. Yet some
> >> got very insulted when I mentioned I called Apple Support, instead of
> >> them. Also in my capacity as a stockholder, I love Appleseeds. They have
> >> made me and my daughters, a lot of money.
> >
> >Intent on the part of the user of the term, and how it is received by the
> >individual addressed are going to be the determining factors as to whether,
> >or not the usage is derogatory.When I see Appleseed used, my first thought
> >is that it is intended to be derogatory, and provocative.
> Apple users seem to be rather too sensitive in these matters.

only because of the non-stop bashing from the haters.

> I would
> regard the use of 'appleseed' in much the same way as I would regard
> the term 'lofty' to denote a person of considerably above average
> type.

correct. apple users are indeed above average.

> >Appleseed is not a term used by users of Apple products to describe
> >themselves. It is a term used by non-Apple users to label Apple users. While
> >you might not have intended your usage to be derogatory, you have used it to
> >segregate/differentiate yourself from Apple users, and to establish your
> >standing as somebody who uses a different OS (...and I know you own and use
> >an iphone).If I were you I would stop calling your friends Appleseeds
> >regardless of how good APPL has been for you.
> You are quite right in regarding it as a term to describe users of
> apple products. But you are quite wrong as regarding it as a term used
> only to denigrate the said users.

he's not wrong. the term is not being used in a complimentary manner.

it's intended to mock and denigrate apple users as being stupid sheep
who are too dumb to use a 'real computer', aka windows.

what the haters are too stupid to realize is that buying windows is
following the herd.

> >In the case of Mayayana, and his anti-Apple bias, his usage of Appleseed is
> >undoubtably, and intentionally derogatory. He has a similar anti-Adobe bias.
> It's a mistake to paint all the rest of us with the same brush that
> was used to paint Mayayana.

except that nobody was doing that.

perhaps you're the one who is too sensitive in these matters.