From: Eric Stevens <>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:33:12 +1300
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 22:32:15 -0500, "Mayayana"<mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

>"Eric Stevens"<> wrote
>| I never had CS. Over the years I variously had Gimp, ... PhotoPaint,
>| Paintshop Pro, NIK, DxO and various plug ins to extend them. Updates
>| kept arriving and no matter what I had at the time it still cost me
>| money to keep them up todate. The costs were accumulating and when CC
>| arrived I leapt at it.
>   That's what I don't get. Why did you need to keep
>buying updates? I don't find that I'm missing functionality.
>I guess if I bought a new camera I might have to buy a
>new Aftershot Pro to get RAW support, but aside from
>that, I have PSP 5 and 16, and most of the time I don't
>even need the latter.
There is another point which has been mentioned. Even though an update
may not appear to bring any new functions it normally is that one or
more functions in an update provide a better outcome than in the
previous version. Also, even without changes in functionality,
software improvements will result in better performance and take
advantage of improvements in more recent hardware architecture.

Of course if you only want the hard core basics you can continue to
use software originally written for a 286.

Eric Stevens