From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <6rkg3ddh49uj96ual0l6ee4vddb3vnnr3u@4ax.com> <p19qv4$1f8c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <181220172047100279%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p19rs6$1gce$1@gioia.aioe.org> <181220172123331269%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p1b4qj$17kh$1@gioia.aioe.org> <191220171145292036%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p1cq8k013i9@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FEA299601123D5970000EED02CF@news.giganews.com> <dlnl3d5935218ndbpe6igbn7s3tsn313an@4ax.com> <201220171728520234%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 15:35:12 +1300
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 17:28:52 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>> >Intent on the part of the user of the term, and how it is received by the
>> >individual addressed are going to be the determining factors as to whether,
>> >or not the usage is derogatory.When I see Appleseed used, my first thought
>> >is that it is intended to be derogatory, and provocative.
>>
>> Apple users seem to be rather too sensitive in these matters.
>
>only because of the non-stop bashing from the haters.
>
>> I would
>> regard the use of 'appleseed' in much the same way as I would regard
>> the term 'lofty' to denote a person of considerably above average
>> type.
>
>correct. apple users are indeed above average.
>
>> >Appleseed is not a term used by users of Apple products to describe
>> >themselves. It is a term used by non-Apple users to label Apple users. While
>> >you might not have intended your usage to be derogatory, you have used it to
>> >segregate/differentiate yourself from Apple users, and to establish your
>> >standing as somebody who uses a different OS (...and I know you own and use
>> >an iphone).If I were you I would stop calling your friends Appleseeds
>> >regardless of how good APPL has been for you.
>>
>> You are quite right in regarding it as a term to describe users of
>> apple products. But you are quite wrong as regarding it as a term used
>> only to denigrate the said users.
>
>he's not wrong. the term is not being used in a complimentary manner.
>
>it's intended to mock and denigrate apple users as being stupid sheep
>who are too dumb to use a 'real computer', aka windows.
>
>what the haters are too stupid to realize is that buying windows is
>following the herd.
>
>> >In the case of Mayayana, and his anti-Apple bias, his usage of Appleseed is
>> >undoubtably, and intentionally derogatory. He has a similar anti-Adobe bias.
>>
>> It's a mistake to paint all the rest of us with the same brush that
>> was used to paint Mayayana.
>
>except that nobody was doing that.
>
>perhaps you're the one who is too sensitive in these matters.

What on earth do you think I am sensitive about?
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens