From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Ping Duck
Full headers:
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 23:01:20 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Dec 20, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in article<0001HW.1FEB9141016688E7700001FF12CF@news.giganews.com>):

> On Dec 20, 2017, PeterN wrote
> (in article<p1fhdc0iob@news4.newsguy.com>):
>
> > Aurora in not as intuitive as I originally thought. I have yet to get it
> > to play nicely with LR, and I can't get it to play with Bridge, at all,
> > without first opening the files in PS.
>
> First, are the Aurora plugins for Lightroom, and PS installed?
>
> If not installed open Aurora standalone, go to the menu->Aurora HDR 2018,
> click and from the dropdown select Install Plugins.
> The plugins are for LS and PS, not Bridge.
>
> What sort of issue are you having with Aurora and Lightroom?
>
> Once the plugin is installed in LR, navigate to the NEF, or NEF exposure
> bracket you want to process, and select the files. Right click and scroll to
> Export. Select export to Aurora HDR 2018. The Aurora HDR dialog will open
> with the individual image, or the images from the exposure bracket with the
> EV differential showing.
> At the bottom left of that window you will see a gear icon in a button for a
> dropdown menu, and a check box for alignment. If you are processing a bracket
> check the Alignment box.
>
> Click on the Gear button and a sub-window will open giving you options for
> Ghost Reduction, Color Denoise, and Chromatic Aberration Removal. Select
> according to taste, but if you are processing a bracket iit is best to make
> good use of those options. after you have selected your options, click on
> Create HDR, the HDR will then open in the main editing window for you to do
> what you will to it. When you are done, click on Apply/Save and the processed
> HDR will be returned to LR with an AuroraHDR tag.
>
> For Bridge, navigate to the NEF, or NEF exposure bracket, select the files;
> right click on the selection, and choose Open In->  Aurora HDR 2018, and
> follow the procedure as above. The big exception is, you will be working in
> the standalone app, and when you are finished you will Save back to location
> of the original files, or export using the File Menu, and the options you
> will find there.

Also, for Bridge you should not need to open PS first.

Here is a 5 shot NEF bracket shot with my D300S at Hearst Castle on a night
tour, handheld in impossible light. Opened from Bridge and processed in
Aurora HDR 2018.

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/3keh4tprj385221/screenshot_257.png>

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhkoq09t45n4h0t/screenshot_256.png>

--