From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 03:17:53 -0800 (PST)
<p0rg46$1tqe$1@gioia.aioe.org> <131220171132354803%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<d8ec4ebe-4153-448c-a71b-43f86105871c@googlegroups.com> <181220171608156123%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<e2bafadf-81f6-45a2-bd23-34a8dc0ed858@googlegroups.com> <p19er6$101g$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<33e7625e-8c31-47f9-9523-6c65af05aa7c@googlegroups.com> <6rkg3ddh49uj96ual0l6ee4vddb3vnnr3u@4ax.com>
<p19qv4$1f8c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <181220172047100279%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<p19rs6$1gce$1@gioia.aioe.org> <181220172123331269%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<p1b4qj$17kh$1@gioia.aioe.org> <191220171145292036%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<p1cq8k013i9@news3.newsguy.com> <0001HW.1FEA299601123D5970000EED02CF@news.giganews.com>
<p1e4ng02m8r@news4.newsguy.com> <201220171207584935%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<p1e5uf22mq4@news4.newsguy.com> <201220171224153524%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p1ekfh01pv1@news3.newsguy.com>
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 21:25:24 UTC, PeterN  wrote:

> For your reading convenience I will repeat my short comment.
>
> " I call the ones who paid more than list stupid, UNLESS THEY HAD AN
> URGENT NEED FOR A NE PHONE" (Emphasis supplied.)"

So anyone bidding on a computer or any product in an auction is stupid if they pay more than the
asking price. ?
Sometimes an item is worth more to one person than it is to another.

> When I had to rush my daughter to the hospital, I did not care about
> speeding.

What if you'd had an accident that killed someone ?

> If I have to get to a location, and the cost is justified, I will go the
> fastest way.
> I have never overpaid for a concert ticket in my life. Unless it was for
> a charitable cause I believed in.)

you assume so, you;d have to define overpaid first.
I woulodn;t pay £50 for a centree court ticket at wimbledon to see the tennis but one person I knew
paid £1500 for one.
I would have brought one for £100 if I knew I could have sold it to her for £1500 later.

> You might overpay for a concert ticket, I think it's stupid.

I think it's up to the individual to decide that.

> Just as tonight I am meeting some friends. If my car gives me a problem,
> I would take care of the car. It's commonly called putting things in
> perspective. My friends will understand. If they didn't they would be
> acquaintances, not friends.

Do your friends all have the same opinions about everything ?
Mine don't we are all individuals.