From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 07:54:54 -0500
"Whisky-dave"<> wrote

| Maybe you're cloning the error too. Like replacing a
| worn car tyre with another worn car tyre.

  There's no way to give him helpful advice. What
we know is that he's getting a report of errors.
From what clone software? What errors? Did he
try software to test the disk? We don't know any
of that. Did he check for disk errors before doing
a clone? Apparently not.

   What we do know is that BillW doesn't maintain
adequate backup or relevant disk images. We also
know that his computer is a mess, running at full
tilt for 20 minutes at boot, yet he never stopped to
check that out. He didn't check for disk errors before
doing the clone. Why's he even doing the clone?
It started out that he said Windows was wasting
his day. But it now seems that he was trying to
move an untidy, neglected Windows install to a new
disk without even bothering to do the slightest
housecleaning. He's doing a clone because he
couldn't be bothered with backup, disk images,
basic computer maintenance, or installing a new copy
of Windows. For whatever reason, he was trying
to copy an existing calamity to a new disk, quickly
and without breaking a sweat.

  And we know that he blames all the hassle on
his belief that Windows is nothing but problems.

  Nospam, as usual, is offering his typical mix of
arbitrarily collected information and bravado, despite
not having nearly enough information to offer helpful

    BillW has decided to just put in a new drive and
reinstall. He won't have to worry about clone errors
in that case. That sounds like a good idea to me.

  If he's going to go 50,000 miles without an oil change
and then blame the car, don't argue with him when
he decides the solution is a new car. Whether his car
now just needs oil or needs a ring job, he's not going to
deal with it anyway. With a new car he'll get at least
another 20,000 miles of dependable driving before he
ruins the next engine. And he clearly doesn't mind
wasting money.

   I like to be friends with people like that. They
regularly give away valuable items that they think
are possessed by devils. :)