From: Bill W <nothing@nowhere.com>
Subject: Re: Apple admits hobbling old phones to "save batteries"
From: Bill W <nothing@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 16:35:06 -0800
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 16:22:36 -0800 (PST), RichA<rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thursday, 21 December 2017 12:06:36 UTC-5, Bill W  wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 04:50:33 -0800 (PST), RichA<rander3128@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42438745
>>
>> Why the scare quotes around "save batteries"? It appears that's
>> exactly what their intention is.
>
>Why is it these Millenial-friendly hightech companies all think they know better than the consumer?
 Why not advise people that this is the case and let them CHOOSE to reduce the speed of the device?

I agree that they should have notified that they were doing that, but
this is being portrayed as just another nefarious act by Apple - or
really just another evil tech company of your choice. I think the
intentions were good, even if the method wasn't.

>  And what is so dire about getting a battery changed?

People who can afford pricey smartphones can probably afford to
replace the battery.