Subject: Re: Ping Duck
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 21:30:30 -0500
On 12/21/2017 1:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2017, PeterN wrote
> (in article<p1fhdc0iob@news4.newsguy.com>):
>
>> Aurora in not as intuitive as I originally thought. I have yet to get it
>> to play nicely with LR, and I can't get it to play with Bridge, at all,
>> without first opening the files in PS.
>
> First, are the Aurora plugins for Lightroom, and PS installed?

The Aurora installation shows both LT @ PS plugins checked. PS shows the
plugin. I have been unable to find Aurora in LR. When I try open the
files in an external editor, Aurora does not appear.
When I use PS, the Aurora filter is there. When I try the Export, and
select Aurora, nothing happens.

> If not installed open Aurora standalone, go to the menu->Aurora HDR 2018,
> click and from the dropdown select Install Plugins.
> The plugins are for LS and PS, not Bridge.
>
> What sort of issue are you having with Aurora and Lightroom?

I have not been able to process Aurora files, from LR. Aurora does a
fine job when I manually select the images from its own open file window.

> Once the plugin is installed in LR, navigate to the NEF, or NEF exposure
> bracket you want to process, and select the files. Right click and scroll to
> Export. Select export to Aurora HDR 2018. The Aurora HDR dialog will open
> with the individual image, or the images from the exposure bracket with the
> EV differential showing.
> At the bottom left of that window you will see a gear icon in a button for a
> dropdown menu, and a check box for alignment. If you are processing a bracket
> check the Alignment box.
>
> Click on the Gear button and a sub-window will open giving you options for
> Ghost Reduction, Color Denoise, and Chromatic Aberration Removal. Select
> according to taste, but if you are processing a bracket iit is best to make
> good use of those options. after you have selected your options, click on
> Create HDR, the HDR will then open in the main editing window for you to do
> what you will to it. When you are done, click on Apply/Save and the processed
> HDR will be returned to LR with an AuroraHDR tag.

Thanks. I finally got it. I was using the wrong export button.

> For Bridge, navigate to the NEF, or NEF exposure bracket, select the files;
> right click on the selection, and choose Open In-> Aurora HDR 2018, and
> follow the procedure as above. The big exception is, you will be working in
> the standalone app, and when you are finished you will Save back to location
> of the original files, or export using the File Menu, and the options you
> will find there.

I still can't get it to work in Bridge. When I right click there is no
option to open with Aurora. Strange the only option is to open in PS CC
2017., but the file opens in CC 2018.  however according to the CC
opener, I am opening the latest version. Version 8.0.1.282. I just sent
a help me note to Macphun.

--
PeterN