From: Bill W <>
Subject: Re: Adobe Stock Images pays photo $0.18 for using his photo
Full headers:
From: Bill W <>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 19:18:33 -0800
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 20:12:44 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>

>In article <p1hlvs$1039$>, Mayayana
><mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>> As I understand it,
>you don't.

>> should only take seconds to boot.
>unless the drive is defective, which given his description, is what the
>problem is.

Well I did what any reasonable person would not do, and continued with
the science experiment. I downloaded some free SMART reading software,
and there are 30 current pending sectors. Googling that, what seemed
to appear in every result was "replace the drive now". So I guess I

Getting back on-topic, SSD's and more memory to help with photo
editing have been discussed many times on this group. LR is very slow
on this laptop when doing demanding tasks, such as spot removal when
the "spot" is very big. I'm maxed out at 8 GB memory, and I was going
to find out just how much difference the SSD would make, and then post
the results here. It should be of some interest to some people. If it
will rejuvenate an old laptop, people can save money considering the
low prices of the drives these days.

I still plan to do that, but I'm not sure when I'll get back to
downloading Windows and installing it.