Next <
From: Noons <>
Subject: Re: is anyone using a USB charger to charge their camera battery onthe go?
Full headers:
From: Noons <>
Subject: Re: is anyone using a USB charger to charge their camera battery on
the go?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 22:55:17 +1100
On 22/12/2017 9:54 @wiz, sobriquet wrote:
> Since the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III appears to have a rather
> dismal battery life, I was wondering if anyone had any experience
> using a USB charger to recharge their batteries on the go from
> something like a power bank.

Not sure about Canons.  I used a solar rechargeable USB power bank with
great success in my April NZ cruise.  Left it in the balcony every
morning to catch the rays. Then in the evening charged the phone,
Samsung tablet and the batteries for one of my cameras in no time at all.
For some reason, those things charge a lot faster than normal
transformer-based chargers.
I reckon it's something to do with the high current capacity of those
power bricks.
Mine came with cables I can use to jump start a car if needed.

It starts my son's 4-Cylinder Subaru Forester in seconds!  Amazing
technology, really.  Particularly considering it's all solar powered!