Subject: Re: Tamron wants to thank you for being a loyal buyer
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 15:54:14 -0500
On 12/27/2017 1:43 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article<fai7j6FneopU1@mid.individual.net>, android
><here@there.was> wrote:
>
>> Do they have four worth having?
>
> yes

Which ones. Some of the guys in my CC have them, and are satisfied. One
was really thrilled with his Tamron 70-200, until I lent him my Nikon.
The cost of a Tamron is considerably less than a Tamron with the same
focal length and max aperture. A couple of the guys have APS C cameras,
And find them great for travel.
I personally the 150-600, and for focus tracking it felt slower than my
80-400. At Photo-Expo last year, I had a discussion with the Tamron
sales reps, who finally agreed that it was indeed slow on my D800. But
they insisted it worked well with the D800 earlier in the day. Yet One
of my friends, who shoots with a Canon, never had an issue with it.
In summary:
it's an OK line of lenses for those who do not want to spend a lot of
money, and yet still enjoy the hobby. I personally might consider only
one of the lenses, if I didn't have an equivalent Nikkor lens. The
17=50, and possibly the 150-600.
Others may very well feel differently.
I will not respond to anyone who makes a tzimmus over which Tamron lens
is better.
(For those who do not know the expression see:
<http://www.jewishmag.com/181mag/yiddish_words/yiddish_words.htm>

--
PeterN