Subject: Re: Tamron wants to thank you for being a loyal buyer
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 21:34:39 -0500
On 12/27/2017 4:23 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> yes
>>
>> Which ones.
>
> 90mm macro is a classic, with outstanding image quality. highly
> recommended. the newer version is stabilized, while purists prefer the
> original.
> 180mm macro also a classic and also highly recommended.
> 28-75mm is inexpensive and excellent for the price, especially for aps.
> 200-500mm is also excellent.

Compared to what. Produce your own test images, not those of someone who
may very well be a shill.

My Cord was a classic, just before I totaled it..

> they also have some duds. the 200-400mm is not very good.
>
>> Some of the guys in my CC have them, and are satisfied. One
>> was really thrilled with his Tamron 70-200, until I lent him my Nikon.
>
> it's also less expensive than the nikon version.
>
>> The cost of a Tamron is considerably less than a Tamron with the same
>> focal length and max aperture.
>
> so you say.
No that was a typo. I meant a fixed focal length lens made by Tamron is
less expensive than a fixed focal length Canon or Nikon, if both have
the same aperture.

> i'm quite sure the prices are much closer than you think, most likely
> the same.

Dream on.

>> A couple of the guys have APS C cameras,
>
> only a couple? it must be a small camera club.
>
>> And find them great for travel.
>
> what about the ones who stay home?

You are being your usual argumentative asshole. The best job for you
would be counting crowds at Trump rallies.

>> I personally the 150-600, and for focus tracking it felt slower than my
>> 80-400. At Photo-Expo last year, I had a discussion with the Tamron
>> sales reps, who finally agreed that it was indeed slow on my D800. But
>> they insisted it worked well with the D800 earlier in the day. Yet One
>> of my friends, who shoots with a Canon, never had an issue with it.
>
> autofocus speeds are sometimes slower, but not overly so.

Interesting comment, considering your proven experience.

> what matters is the image quality.

Nobody in this thread said otherwise.

--
PeterN