From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Apple played digital liberal nanny-stater, now faces several lawsuits
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 21:50:56 -0500
In article <p249kd$lh1$>, Mayayana<mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> | more nonsense. the iphone x (not 10)
>    Do you know what x stands for? (Hint: Roman.)

the name of the device is iphone x, not iphone 10.

> | is selling *very* well.
> ent-forecasts-citing-lukewarm-demand

that's nothing more than the usual analysts talking out their ass in an
attempt to manipulate the stock price for personal gain and that of
their clients.

last october, the same idiot analysts were saying the iphone 8/8+ were
a flop, that lines were short and no backlog of orders, it's not enough
of a jump over the 7 so people were opting for the 7 instead, little to
no customer excitement, blah blah blah.

at the earnings call in early november, apple stated the iphone 8/8+
were the two most popular models sold. the iphone x had not yet shipped
at that point.

it happens every quarter.

apple's next earnings call is in mid-february, where *actual* numbers
will be announced.

>   But don't worry. Once it gets down to $40 I'll buy one
> to use as a camera...

you wouldn't use one if it was given to you for free.

> if they can demonstrate to me
> that the camera is usable without activating the phone.

there is *no* need to activate an iphone with cellular service.

you'll just need wifi for any connectivity (and you can also turn that
off if you prefer).

older iphones are commonly given to kids for exactly that purpose,
since the parents don't want to sign them up for their own cellphone