From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Apple cuts $50 off price for replacment phone batteries, sheepishly offers apology
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 13:20:50 -0500
"RichA"<rander3128@gmail.com> wrote

| I'm not even saying their reasoning for slowing down the phones was wrong,
but they should have left it as an opinion.

 You meant "option"? In any case, they don't have a leg
to stand on. People have been complaining for years.
There are 8 lawsuits. Yet in all that time Apple refused
to even acknowledge what they were doing, much less
explain or provide an end-user option.

  If I find a stranger in my house I assume he's broken
in. What if he says he just came in because he thought
he saw a window unlocked and decided to check them all?
.....But he only admits he broke into my house after I've
called the police....

   Maybe he was telling the truth. But he lied, hid the facts,
and went onto my property without permission. He only
admitted breaking in when he no longer had a choice.
That's Apple's situation. I don't think they're just dutifully
checking window locks, but that's really an academic
question. They're guilty of trespass, tampering and lying.