From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Apple cuts $50 off price for replacment phone batteries, sheepishly offers apology
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 16:24:19 -0500
In article<61e967ca-960b-483d-98fa-4d44ebf0197f@googlegroups.com>,
RichA<rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Something about "two wrongs" comes up.
>  I presume they do the tests on this?

far more tests than you can possibly imagine.

not only does apple do tests internally, but each phone is constantly
monitoring its own battery health, managing it on the fly.

plenty of other companies do the same or similar, including android.

>  So, what is the average battery
> lifespan, what is the decline in output based on use/time and why not just
> publish those figures so people would have a reasonable idea
> of how long the performance they paid for will work to 100%?

they do.

apple states that their batteries are rated to retain 80% capacity over
5 years.

most people get a new phone in 2 years, so the battery will outlast the
useful life of the phone.