From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:31:06 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 1, 2018, RichA wrote
(in article<248ddcb2-1231-4780-ae89-aeb47168c43c@googlegroups.com>):

> On Sunday, 31 December 2017 16:31:06 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> > (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> >
> > > Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
> > > Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
> > >
> > > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> >
> > I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> > 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> >
> > I don’t miss shovelling snow.
>
> Friend of mine took off for Mauritius in the Indian Ocean as soon as the cold
> started.

Mauritius is one of those great tropical island get-aways. Back in the days
when I worked for a Schering-Plough out of Kenilworth, NJ, we had a week long
conference on Mauritius. Needless to say, a good deal of that week was tied
up in non-work related activity. Now that you reminded me of that trip 35
years ago, I think it might be worthwhile planning a return visit. AirFrance
has a daily service via Paris, and I am sure that these days there are other
connections.

--

Regards,
Savageduck