From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Nikon D850 is Camera of the Year in Japan
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 10:20:40 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 1, 2018, Sandman wrote
(in article<sandman-04c2372f95d8cf32b801a79fe1ad37d4@individual.net>):

> In article<0001HW.1FF91A1D002787FA7000003882CF@news.giganews.com>,
> Savageduck wrote:
>
> > > Sandman:
> > > <https://www.lightstalking.com/nikon-d850-camera-year-japan>
> >
> > > "The Nikon D850 is a full-frame DSLR camera with a first-ever
> > > back-illuminated image sensor for vast image quality improvement.
> > > The sensor was the first to achieve 100 points on DXO."
> >
> > All very nice, but as a hobbyist, amateur photographer, is this a
> > camera I must have?
>
> > I don’t believe so.
>
> Of course not, nor is anyone saying it is. You must have the D500 :) Just
> kidding, just must have whatever camera feels best for you. I just think the
> D850 is a pretty big deal and an interesting product in the supposedly
> "dying" DSLR market.

Yup! I agree with all that, there is no denying the quality, and capability
of both the D500, and the D850. If Nikon had released the D500 as a D300S
successor two years earlier than they did, I might well be using one today
rather than making my move to the Fujifilm X-Camera system. I am quite happy
with my X-T2.

--

Regards,
Savageduck