From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 07:46:45 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 2, 2018, Paul Carmichael wrote
(in article<fb1lv3Fa40pU1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 31/12/17 22:30, Savageduck wrote:
>
> > I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> > 62ºF (16.7ºC).
>
> Every time I've been to SF I've always had to wear a woolly hat.

There is a reason for that old misattributed Mark Twain addage; “The
coldest Winter I have ever experienced, was a Summer in San Francisco.”

While the California North Coast, and the SF Bay Area can bear the brunt of
cold fronts pushed down from Alaska, it is nothing compared to the low
temperatures that the MidWest, NorthEast, and much of Canada can experience.
To get cold and snow out here we have to head to the mountains where
conditions can be pretty Wintery, and folks can be buried in snow, an ice.

Fortunately I live about 250 miles South of the SF Bay Area on the Central
Coast, in San Luis Obispo County.

> Having said that, it's damned cold here right now. Two layers of clothing to
> go outside at night.

It is a tad fresh here this morning at 42ºF(5.5ºC), but we have a forecast
high of 72ºF(22.2ºC).

--

Regards,
Savageduck